Sunday, June 28, 2009

Inappropriate Dress in Public Places

I spent yesterday with my sisters and neice in Washington D.C. We went to the Ford's Theater where of course, Lincoln was shot and across the street to the Petersen House where he died. My biggest impression was surprise at how small both places were. The Theater was quite tiny and very intimate feeling. Booth had originally planned to kidnap Lincoln from Ford's Theater and having seen it, I can't imagine how he thought he could get the President, big man at 6'4" out of his box without anyone noticing. For one thing the President's box opened onto the balcony where people were sitting. The entrance was very public. BUT I digress. We also walked about 6 blocks to the White House and back (as we had parked next to the Theater in a very nice parking garage) and I spent quite a bit of time people watching. Mostly when I was in line for the theater since whenever I walk in D.C. I spend most of my time wishing I was riding the metro. Man am I lazy and out of shape. But AGAIN, I digress. While I was in line at the theater I started noticing how inappropriately people dress these days. I don't think I'm getting old, I still feel plenty immature but whoa! Short, short, SHORT pants, skimpy tops, I saw hiney cracks, belly cleavage, lady bits, you name it.
So my first category of inappropriate I'll call: Put Some Clothes On People! The rest of us don't want to see your belly, it ain't that pretty! Nor do we want to see your hiney or your ladies.
My second category is: Where Did You Think You Were Going in That?
Women wearing tank tops and capri shorts with a) high heels b) super flat sandals with no support c) three strand pearl necklaces with sparkly enhancers and d) maxi dresses
I believe in personal expression but its SIGHTSEEING. Lots of walking in hot weather and a casual setting. You shouldn't dress up like it's a wedding or dress down like you're at home.
I need a Fashion Police badge.

1 comment:

  1. Mind your own business bitch that is none of your concern

    ReplyDelete