Saturday, February 7, 2009

Five Guys at a Location near Me!

Five Guys Burgers & Fries is a restaurant chain here on the east coast (I think just the east coast) that makes what have to be the best. burgers. ever.
Robin and I love them. They are like home-made burgers only good. They are the burger you want to be able to cook but can't seem to accomplish. I first discovered Five Guys on my way to visit Mount Vernon, Washington's home. We didn't stop there to eat, mind you, but I noticed the restaurant on the way and then I discovered one a couple of miles away from Solo on Reisterstown Road. When I mentioned it to my co-workers they all raved about the burgers and how good they are so I convinced Robin to visit. Since it was in a strip mall (no drive-thru) Robin was a tough sell. But once we tried the burgers we agreed they were awesome. The fries are good too. They are the handcut old-fashioned kind. Still Robin and I aren't really eat-in types and it was a good 20 minutes from our house so we haven't ever gotten in the habit of going regularly. In a seemingly unlrelated to this story action, my boss gave me a gift card to The Outback restaurant for Christmas. Robin and I decided to use it on the day before New Year's eve and when we did we noticed that a new Five Guy's was being put in the strip mall right next door. It wasn't open yet, though. Being a busy person I promptly forgot it. I forgot it so thoroughly (which is odd because we were really excited when we saw it because its so much closer to our place than the one on Reisterstown Road) that when last week, Mike (my co-worker at Solo) and I were discussing how long it had been since either of us had eaten 5 Guys that although I could remember one was opening up in a really great location that was close, but I couldn't remember where or how I knew it. Isn't memory funny? So fast forward to Friday night. I've worked late and don't want to cook so I suggest getting Outback on my way home (big mistake, 1/2 hour wait for curbside delivery, couldn't back out of my parking space for 10 minutes because other cars were blocking me in and they forgot our salads) and what do I see? The 5 Guys! Yay! I was as thrilled to discover it the second time as the first and even better it was now open. So today after our bi-monthly visit to Wal-Mart, Robin and I went to 5 Guys for linner (linner =late lunch+dinner). We were going to get it to go but Robin started eating the peanuts they have sitting around in boxes so I said "Hey, get a drink and let's eat in" I KNOW, shocking, huh? Not like us AT ALL. Still, she did get a drink (I already had one) and we did eat in and it was great. Next time I go, I'll take a picture of my burger and post it so all my faithful readers can drool.

No comments:

Post a Comment