Saturday, February 21, 2009

J.D. Robb's In Death Series

Wow, I can't believe how long it's been since my last post. If I keep this up, I'm never going to get a steady readership! Part of the reason for my lack of posts is that however opinionated I believe myself to be, apparently I have to be inspired. I have been working so many long hours that I've not had much opportunity for activities which lead to inspiration. My news blackout (working like a charm!) probably doesn't help. But the number one culprit right now is my obsession with re-reading the 'In Death' series of books by J.D. Robb aka Nora Roberts. I began my quest on January 6th and between work and the need for sleep I've managed to get to Book 26 "Creation in Death". I have 2 more books to read to finish the series but serendipitously there is a new book coming out this Tuesday, February 24th. This new book release date has put me under some pressure to finish so I can start it right away but if you read Robin's blog you'll know she's been doing the same thing and then blogging a book review. Of course that means that one of us gets to read the new book first as we only buy two copies of a hardcover if it's a Laurel K. Hamilton or Harry Potter book. So I'm asking myself why I feel so much pressure when Robin is going to insist on reading the new first? (She says it's because she reads faster than me). I have an ace in hole, though because I can take Tuesday afternoon off and get a headstart on her. I haven't decided for sure if I'm going to do it, I'll probably make up my mind on Tuesday based on the work load. As much as I've enjoyed re-reading this series I'm not sorry it's coming to an end. I feel like I've been living with Eve Dallas the lead character a really long time (which looking at when I started reading is true!). In addition since these are MURDER mysteries, I've started to notice I look over my shoulder alot. And while being caution and safety minded isn't a bad thing, being paranoid does lower the quality of life a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment