Thursday, January 22, 2009

Chick-Fil-A and my Morning Drink

Pretty much every morning, much to Robin's disgust,
I go to Chick-Fil-A. Primarily I go to get a Large Diet Coke in a foam cup. I love foam cups, they keep my drink cold all day and don't sweat like plastic. This is difficult for me to say since I work for a Cup company and we don't make those kind of foam cups, we make the plastic ones. Happily, lots of people are just fine with the plastic cups so the company survives without my business. Normally when I get to the Chick-Fil-A there is no line. It's not because they don't get a lot of business but they are very fast.

This month, however, Thursdays are "Get a Free Breakfast Item" day and the normally empty drive-thru was full all the way around the corner and past the ordering speaker so I had to wait. This was hard for me because being essentially self-centered I think I should be rewarded for my loyalty and moved to the front of the line. Who knows, maybe if I went inside they would treat me like a queen and wait on me first. The drive-thru shows no favoritism. First in-First out. No cutting. Still the free Cinnamon thingy was good. It doesn't get much better than Free and Good so the day started fine. How it ended is another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment