Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Guilty!



I was really excited to learn this week that Ann Coulter has a new book out. I like to sit in my car over lunch and listen to a few minutes of Rush Limbaugh. That's all the media I can stand, I confess. Otherwise I'm in a COMPLETE news blackout and have been since the Democrats took over the Congress in 2006. Okay, the blackout was lifted briefly when Sarah Palin was nominated but the curtain fell again immediately after the election and I have no intention of lifting it anytime soon. It's my metaphorical way of staying in bed with a blanket over my head. This week, on Monday I think, Rush had Ann Coulter on as a guest. If you don't listen to Rush you may not find that very newsworthy but Rush Limbaugh has plenty to say for himself and he does not normally have guests in. When he has in the past, it's the President or Vice-President, not someone plugging a book. So when Rush said Ann was coming up after the break I stuck around. One of the few perks of management is not having to clock watch your lunch hour. I know some people obsess over Ann Coulter's humor and contend she's too mean and controversial in her delivery but I say, Stop being so wimpy and stand up for yourselves! I buy all her books. They are incredibly well researched and fact based. Yes, funny and sometimes mean (frankly, I can't judge there. I can be kinda mean myself. We're human, that's why we need forgiveness) but she speaks the truth. And I defy anybody in the media to fact check her books and claim an error. They don't do it because they can't so they spend all their time decrying 'her tone' like Americans are too stupid to hear the mean coming from the Left. A Sarah Palin SNL joke anyone? How about a Bush joke? Nobody ever decrys their tone. But I digress. So Tuesday, known in our house as Book Day, we bop over to the Borders and I pick up my copy of Guilty. I don't know how long it's been out but it was already at #2 on the bestsellers list. Conservative commentary really sells.

No comments:

Post a Comment